motivation's such an aggravation

51) Something I should have said a long time ago
If anything, I feel like it's I say too much. But I don't feel regrets. There isn't something terrible that happened that could've been saved by a few simple words.

52) What my last text message says
SENT: "Did you go driving today? Just testing my psychic powers here xP"
RECEIVED: "You're so sexy when you're all fired up" (From someone using Tree's phone :L)

53) What I hate most about myself
I procrastinate like there IS a tomorrow :L. There always is a tomorrow until the night before it's due.

54) Biggest turn ons
(Writing this in first person... feels weird :L)
That "magic" when I'm flirting with the right person.
When they look into my eyes and don't look away =)
... What's the point of pretending this isn't awesome? -> Making out

55) What words upset me the most
Like I say many times before, most stuff has more impact through actions more than words.

56) What I hate/hated the most about school
I've enjoyed school. It's that awesome phase where nothing you do really affects how successful you are in the real world... You're protected from any real harm, yet it's the time to make mistakes and learn.


*****
Motivation comes from within. No amount of pressure can make a person do more work than he intends. If it seems successful, he is just burning out.

You see parents forcing their kids to go tutoring or learn the piano. Unless they enjoy dedicating themselves to the task, they're going to resent the parents, their teachers, and work in general.

Sure you can temporarily boost their studiousness by cramming before Selective and OC. But it's not sustainable, and any temporary success is just burning out more.

You'll only work hard once you realise how important it what you're working for is. And if you just can't see it, it's impossible to convince you otherwise. They can present their own opinion, facts and figures. Maybe that will broaden your perception of the issue, and change your opinion. But if it doesn't, no amount of kicking and screaming from anyone else will ever motivate you.


Dedicated to all those kids who get the fuck tutored out of them, even as they have no will to learn.
By the way, that is absolutely NO kid from Ruse. It's impossible to do well enough to get into Ruse if you didn't like learning. But you know the type I'm talking about.

1 comments:

shelley said...

mhmmn, my dad's experience with a lot of kids from other schools really strikes a chord with this |:

in fact im pretty sure he has said the phrase about kids who "get the fuck tutored out of them, even as they have no will to learn", except in chinese

..tutoring does absolutely nothing if the student is unmotivated and doesnt do shit.

Post a Comment