link back to the question

31) What I would do if I won the lottery
I'd probably save it up until I know what to do with it. As boring as that sounds I don't want to risk being 40 and going "what the fuck did you buy that motorcycle for, man? To this date you still can't ride it."
32) A description of the boy I like
I'm guessing you mean "girl". *sigh* I wish I could answer that myself xP
33) What I love most about myself
You know when you're discussing something, and you want to say exactly what you mean but you can't, for some reason? I like that I can usually express myself in exactly the way I intend (something that posting on this blog has in no small way helped in).
I also like that, as far as I'm aware, I have never made a bad first impression before =D
34) My biggest pet peeves
Holy shit have you been reading this blog or not xP
35) What bands I've seen live
Unfortunately, none =(. I would love greatly to see Muse someday *wistful smile*

**********
Have you ever asked a question like "Can you give me real life examples of the effects of the inverse square law industrially?"
And somebody answers "OH it's like when you're 1m away from the light bulb, and move to 2m away, the perceived intensity of the light is 4x less!"
And you just look back and think "Do you honestly think that a) that answers the bloody question and b) I didn't fucking know that?!"

Or when people come up with the answer 3 minutes later than you did and they like "OR MAYBE IT'S X AND Y". And you're just thinking "You know I said X and Y like 3 minutes ago right?"
If they look up and apologise, then I guess that's acceptable.
But when they just go on and on and on, spewing your own idea back at you... well... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
I suppose white knights will come and say "hey, they were trying to help! It's not their fault!"
To which I reply: if you want to help, you should be considering all the information that the person requiring help is given. If you skimmed over the answer that obviously means you've formulated an answer before the asker has finished asking. Which is fail helping, btw. And it doesn't hurt to check if I point out that the point has been brought up before.

In a different note I watched Captain America today. It was a pretty good movie - exciting and all. But some things that just don't make sense. I don't believe that these are any spoilers - telling you that these things happen won't screw the story up. But have a break anyway.

- Before he got his awesome shield
He had a steel one. Which was painted in conspicuous white and blue. And he was tiptoeing around as if he wasn't wearing the motherfucking American flag on his back, in a Nazi camp. Luckily for the movie, he survived. But he didn't deserve to. And he was RUNNING ON ROOFTOPS. And he didn't even attempt to conceal his shadow. WHAT IS THIS?!

- His shield
How can the "prototype" be made out of the rarest metal on Earth?! And how can you leave it lying around like that if it is? Also his shield is OP. And it's just super OP seeing as it's a prototype.

- 107th Infantry
Why are they held in jail cells operating by lock/key when they have plasma-shooting guns? And everything else that was magically high tech in 1942?

- Schmidt's Bomb
Why does he have to shoot at it instead of having a remote-disable button?

1 comments:

Goldiieee said...

WHOOOOO MUSE LIVE !!!

they're awesome. totally worth it to go see them live.

Post a Comment