ink poisoning

21) The one place I want to be right now
I love where I am, every minute of wherever I am.
Except a select few subjects. Please get me the FUCK away from those.
22) The meanest thing anyone has ever said to me
People offend more through their actions and intent than through their words. Probably the meanest things were said in joke and I thought nothing of it.
23) Where I have lived before
Australia's been my only true home. Of course lived in hotels and relative's places in other countries. But yeah only Australia.
24) I'll love you if...
I feel that it's impossible for me to ever un-love you, ever. Never ever forever together feather tether. After due consideration I have decided that that is what it means to me =D
25) What are my future plans
I plan to do something medicine-related. I have no backup so I'm pretty fucked.

**********
So today I discovered there were certain people (only 2 lol) in our grade who still believed in ink poisoning. You know exactly who you are xP

So I had some fun walking around trying to "kill" said people with a Sharpie.

If you can find a Sharpie, you'll see that it is ACMI ASTM D4236. Since I've memorised all these terrible codes off by heart (lol jokes I used Google and found their site), this code means that "no materials in sufficient quantities to be toxic or injurious to humans, including children, or to cause acute or chronic health problems". So chill chill people =D

According to trusty old Wikipedia, it takes over 30mLs of Sharpie ink just to get a REACTION. That is like, I'm assuming, slight redness or something. Considering that a Sharpie can hold AT MOST 3mL of ink in it, that would mean colouring for 10 Sharpies straight before your skin goes "hmm something's fucked here". I think it's fair in saying that the "reaction" isn't "death", seeing as ACMI has really assured you it's not.

Just in case you're thinking "I HAVEN'T WASHED MY HANDS YET, BUT THE INK IS ALREADY GONE. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? IT MUST BE SEEPING INTO MY BLOODSTREAM!"
Remember your skin cells? And how you lose lots of skin cells per day and little dust mites come along and chomp them up? Well according to this site, you shed a whopping 3.6kg of skin cells a year, which amounts to almost 10g a day.
I'll be damned that among those 1 million skin cells you shed a day, some of them aren't carrying Sharpie ink. When you rub away the dead layer of your skin, Sharpie comes off as well. It's not getting absorbed into your bloodstream.

If you truly believe in ink poisoning, I present you with something that will scar you forever. When you go into a swimming pool. Think of all the half-assedly wiped assholes (lolpun). Think of all the kids that took a piss. Think of the people with semi-healed scabs. Think of all the old people washing away their sweat.
Now think about how easily your skin "absorbs this crap". Just like Sharpie ink. ALL THROUGH YOUR SKIN.
Yum yum?

No, our skin was designed to KEEP CRAP OUT. It stops viruses and bacteria pretty well, I think it can handle some ink. And even if ink does go in, your kidneys and liver can help you survive about a dose of alcohol about a katrillion times greater than the amount if ink present in a arm-Sharpie drawing (alcohol is, ho ho, the main irritant in Sharpies). If it can't handle a tiny (I mean less than 1/1000 mL tiny) amount of ink that "seeped through your pores", then your immune/toxin system sucks balls and you might as well just die now before a pinch of salt dissolves through your fingers and lyses the crap out of your eyeball.

So you can sleep easy tonight.

And just in case you get a marker moustache, don't think it's the end of your life. It's not going to seep into your brain and poison you. At least not according to ACMI.

0 comments:

Post a Comment