living under the spell

There are two things too similar to drugs for me to ignore. Those two are TV shows and dating/going out/love etc. I'll begin with the less controversial one.

Drugs. From what all those PDHPE classes have taught us, they activate the "reward" and "pleasure" centre of our brain to maximum capacity. Obviously something that isn't achieved very much in day to day life. And you experience a feeling like no other before. After your trip, suddenly the normal world is in muted colours. No happiness is good enough for you. You know how to experience that high again. You go back for another trip. And the cycle continues.

Not to mention you end up screwing up your career and your life due to your extreme obsession with said drug. Now if you like TV shows and may be offended by an untraditional view of TV dramas, I advise you to not continue. Actually I have a better idea. Why don't I make you say something that'll crush your soul if you care enough.

Repeat after me:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

>Notably: "Oh my god I can't get a boyfriend/girlfriend myself, but it's oh-so-fun to watch other people be involved in relationships. Because passiveness is the way to go."
nope. if relationships are as awesome as the best tv shows make them out to be then why wouldn't i want to be a part of it? :P its no fun watching others touch each other while i'm alone

jwhero said...

I guess that kind of person can be greatly summarised by:
"OMG A AND B ARE GOING OUT SQUEAL"
"OMG A BOUGHT B AN X?! SQUEAL"
"OMG P IS BREAKING UP WITH Q? FML FML FML"
"Oh I like you a lot but fuck this relationship shit, you know what I'm saying? It's overrated"

Where A, B, P, Q are real people, X is any insignificant object, and this person may honestly actually like the guy(usually) asking them out. But seriously does not see the charm of being in a relationship

Post a Comment