rondo alla turca!

After half a year or so I have finally got Rondo Alla Turca close enough to perfect that I am satisfied.

I first started out just learning the sheet music (reading only the treble because I have so much trouble reading bass guitar is a treble instrument and can't do bass notes anyway).

Luckily, the first way I learnt it was economical in the way I did not have to change positions unnecessarily, and therefore I change positions at the same places in the final version and when I first started. Needless to say the part with all the semiquavers was a huge pain in the ass. It's like the musical equivalent of a wall of text (wait actually, that's the music that Kerry is playing right now. Rondo Alla Turca has nothing on that). Seeing as I suck at reading sheet music I was compelled to ragequit but I powered through.

About half a week ago I had a minor epiphany and decided to minimise the use of my right hand for picking, as most of my unclean playing was lack of coordination between my right and left hands for the semiquaver part. As you would see in the video, my right hand doesn't pick very much at all in the semiquaver part.

My other epiphany was to use a metronome. Prior to recording this video, I listened to the metronome for a minute straight, until I breathed, thought, LIVED at 120bpm. I am happy with this as the tempo I settle on; 120bpm is already a bit above the "allegretto" tempo direction anyway.

I was a little choppy at the start but not horribly so. Then it gets better. Then at the end (the outro, no I don't know the classical term) I barred the metronome completely, but I don't think you would notice haha.

Wow I can ramble so much. Without further ado, here is the video!



To Shelley, who massively jumped the gun and found my video before it even finished processing, it's because Youtube was still processing the video and that's why it was all messed up haha. I'm very surprised you managed to find it that fast!

1 comments:

ellejai said...

OMG AWESOME JEFF!!

Post a Comment