what everyone's probably thinking

Why do you even bother asking? People either like you enough to vote for you, or they don't. Your asking will hardly push them over the edge. Sure it probably worked in year 2. But we're in year freaking 11.

-My opinion of you is based on the 4.5 years I've been at school and not the night before the vote.

-I voted for you if I like you and also think you won't make the school a retarded place. Not because you asked me.

-If I haven't ever talked to you, ever, and you ask me to vote for you, you should've saved your energy. I know I did when I didn't reply. What am I supposed to say if I'm obviously not going to?!

-Similarly I may like you and may vote for you, but that does not mean I will vote for your friends just because you say they're cool.

-Trading votes is the dodgiest shit in the world. There are people who promised that to at least 50 people. Accepting this is the stupidest thing you can do; it is a secret ballot and there is no way in hell you can be sure that the other person voted for you. And obviously if you're trading votes it means that you guys aren't close enough to trust tacitly that he/she will vote you and you will vote him/her back. So you obviously don't have great grounds to trust them to vote back.

-Intravoting is even dodgier. How the hell is the group going to be happy chappy if everyone gets in except for one or two? Though I would be willing to see an intra-mob fight. Sounds like fun. Especially if girls are involved.

-If you bothered to ask via blog or MSN personal message, I would like to hear how many retards actually voted for you because you asked them in a massively impersonal way.

In short: If you had to ask, it means you doubted that I would vote for you. And after asking, you can continue doubting just as hard.


You can tell people are somewhat troubled by the things mentioned above but aren't saying anything (probably to preserve vote-ability). Actually if you enjoy mini-rages check out Sandra and Sun's. But regardless of whether I'm on the ballot of 60 or not, I don't feel like I'm losing anything. I can express my opinion here, and if you don't like it and then I lose your vote, then all's fair in democracy, and you have the right to not vote for me. (holy moly that was a long sentence) Also I don't know why you would even vote for me if you're guilty of any of the above in the first place.

So vote for who the hell you feel like, not for who the hell you promised a vote to.

Woo *shields up*

19 comments:

Crystal said...

YOU DAH MAN

Anonymous said...

WHY ARE YOUR POSTS SO FREAKIN BRILLIANT
-shelley, yes me again

~cloudier said...

I agree, but unfortunately asking/trading votes works. For example, Suraj and Michael Su do not seem to be responsible people imo - perhaps they haven't had enough responsibilities to show that they are - but they managed to get on the nomination list.

jwhero said...

Perhaps asking for votes isn't an unsuccessful technique, per se. Looking back, I did manage to give reasons why group intravoting and vote-trading is liable to failure, but I didn't, and still can't, provide a reasons why asking for votes outright is susceptible to failure.

It just annoys me personally, and I'm quite sure it annoys a great majority of the population.

It is actually quite an effective way of gaining votes. People who were going to vote for you anyway will still do so, even if you ask. People who don't know who to vote and remember your name might vote for you. Maybe some people are even touched that you bothered to copy paste a message to them, and decide they want to vote you. However, although this is a fine way to gain VOTES (not from me, mind you), in my eyes at least, there is no way you will gain my RESPECT.

Unless you have confidence in yourself, I cannot pretend I have enough confidence in you to serve the school.

Anonymous said...

you are seriously one awesome person.

jwhero said...

Aww thanks that's sweet of you, anon =)

Anonymous said...

Cool Story Bro.
Especially on how you were against intra voting.
Got anymore?

Anonymous said...

This post basically sums up everything I was thinking (Y)

Michael said...

I really hate to sound so defensive, but Claudia - your accusations are uncalled for.

You make it sound like the only reason I'm on the ballot paper is because I asked for and traded votes. Quite on the contrary, the people I asked were all people I felt were on friendly oft-speaking terms with me. Even so, I asked nowhere as many people as you make it out to seem, certainly nowhere near enough to get me onto the ballot.

Also FYI there were people who weren't running, who approached me of their own accord and told me they were voting for me.

Anonymous said...

i agree with claudia. asking/trading votes certainly works. especially when quite a few people may not know who they want to vote for (to fill up 30) and if you ask them they might probably just think "yeah sure why not?". some people might not immediately think of and remember you but if you ask they will and might think "oh here's another choice."

"Suraj and Michael Su do not seem to be responsible people imo...but they managed to get on the nomination list"

sadly this is how the world works. the world isn't perfect. the ideal case is that everyone on the list is responsible and should be there..but it doesn't work like that

bnita said...

jeff, you are awesome. i love your blog so much (Y)
everytime i read it is just like "wow that's exactly what i was thinking" or "omg, that's so true"
-bonita (:

~cloudier said...

Michael - I presumed that you had asked a lot of people because (a) you had asked me to vote for you for prefect, (b) I had heard from other people that you had asked them to vote for you too and (c) you had campaigned for SRC and it seemed to me that you asked many people to vote for you for SRC too. Since you say that that's incorrect and well, no one knows who you asked for votes from better than you do, I'll take back what I said since it's based on false assumptions.

Sorry if I've offended you and congrats for getting onto the ballot.

Jaane said...

(: so much thought and effort into putting everything into words~
which is why i love reading your blog (:

I totally agree with you (like many of zah Ruse-ians) but there's one question i'm pondering...
"If everyone is hell annoyed about inter-voting, why did so many people ask others D:?"

Like... I'm sure everyone by Friday recess was already pretty annoyed, but still people continued to do it... so Why would they be doing it????? D:
i wonder......

Anonymous said...

"Also FYI there were people who weren't running, who approached me of their own accord and told me they were voting for me. " - Michael Su

Hey son care to name and shame those people?

loljks calm your farm dont get your panties in a bunch

Michael said...

Why don't you stop hiding your identity first?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jwhero said...

Sorry you guys are just being douchebags now. I'd rather not have my blog as a home for cyber bullying kthanks

ronjny said...

hallo.

Post a Comment