dodgy?

So I was in the frozen food section. And I was looking at the food. And I was like "So many of these dodgy brands are on special."

Then I thought to myself - What makes these brands dodgy? For something as random as frozen food, how do I know which one is better? Why do I have a feeling that "Steggles", "Ingham", and "Bird's Eye" are better brands than "Ocean House", "Bayview" and "Pacific West"?

I reflected that it was because I'd never heard of them, therefore they must be inferior. Then I thought again. Did I learn of those popular names from any merit of the brand itself, or did I just watch TV and happen to watch their commercials?

Beceause in my spare time, I do not read reviews of frozen food, and I have no idea which ones are actually better. It's just that advertising makes it a familiar name. And familiar names are names that you can trust.

And now advertising is getting free-er and free-er. The latest example is the Pascall Swirls. They just made a billion Facebook pages (I'm assuming it cost them nothing), and created some hype. As a result, my brother wanted to try some. They're not that good lol.

As, I'm pretty sure it was Shakespeare, once said: "Your reputation precedes you." Doesn't get any true-er than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment