simply symphonic

Last night I had an idea that was intoxicating.

In fact I didn't sleep until 2, but cause/correlation I can't tell if it was boredom from not being to sleep that spurred this idea, or that this idea kept me awake.

I had a vision of a song that we make, as a grade. Where in the verses, each person in the grade sings one note/one word. And they take a video of themselves singing that note/word.

Then, we take all those videos, splice them together; take the audio, splice that together. Do some sound techy stuff and mix it all together.

I did consider the factor that some people aren't singers and have trouble carrying a tune, but I'm sure with some help from someone more musically oriented they would easily get just one note on pitch, right? =D

In fact I got so carried away that I wrote a preliminary chorus. (Why do the muses strike when I need to sleep, or can't play guitar to work out the notes?). I don't especially fancy my B-grade singing free and floating on the internet, but if you'd like I'd be happy to send you a sample of what I came up with (just ask =P). Be warned, I recorded through Apple earphones because I wanted to be able to stand up, sing, play guitar, and be heard at the same time, so it peaks like a motherfucker, on top of my B-grade singing :L.

But the reason I post this is that obviously I can't do it alone - first and foremost, I need everyone's voice sample, but way before that I must enlist the help of people like composers (probably 1 or 2 more), sound techs, video techs, instrument players, and a plethora of other jobs that I haven't conceived of yet.

So, think we can do this before our graduation assembly? It would be the coolest memento ever! You can be like "our grade made a song. What did your grade do hmm?"

Guess I'm asking two things - who likes this, who thinks this is lame, and finally, who'd like to help?

Though some requirements I guess, I'd rather have composers that agree with me stylistically, sound techs who have a rudimentary knowledge of how to read music (just the rhythm will do), and instrument players who are competent :L. Stylistically I can see guitars (electric + bass, acoustic mebbe strumming along), strings, piano if anyone composes pop, and backup vox would be nice but I doubt anyone can be bothered working that hard. Though I'm open to weird and wonderful additions :L

So yeahhh leave a comment, MSN me, or if you're feeling weird, text me. I would like to know what you think and if this is possible!


[Thanks to Vaish, Susmitha, LJ, Matt (so far)! We need to find ourselves some composers and this can actually go underway!]

5 comments:

ellejai said...

YEAH I LOVE THAT IDEA. 8D AND WE COULD PLAY IT AT OUR FINAL YR 12 ASSEMBLY AS A MONTAGE MEMORY THING OF OUR GRADE!!!!!!!!

Albert Kart said...

sounds like a plan :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT IDEA JEFF OMG
IM NOT VERY MUSICALLY TALENTED BUT ID LOVE TO BE A PART OF IT/DO VIDEO TECHING :D

- shelley

Anonymous said...

That sounds really amazing!
I would love to help but i'm untalented haha (:
-Bonita

Amelia. said...

This is epically epic :)
- mielz

Post a Comment