just you know why...

Today, after school Sun took out his box of sushi that every (except me =P) swarmed.

I'd just like to say Sandra's compulsive squishing of Sun's food ("I wasn't trying to POP the tomato - just bruise it very badly!") is quite humourous.

And then she started squeezing his cheese. Which I noticed was Laughing Cow. ie not Panda.

"Not Panda cheese, Sun. You dead, man"

Unfortunately he was the only one there that didn't laugh because he hasn't seen it before. And if you haven't seen it before it's embedded here.




I also like that epic state of sleeping where you're not really asleep but you are. This is most easily measured when listening to music. Like, I am in shallow enough sleep to hear the lyrics and remember hearing every song. But when I "wake up" I only have a hazy recollection that I DID listen to the music, but soon forget... I can't explain it - it's rather like trying to remember a dream.
Wait upon further inspection... I just checked the album of American Idiot - was wide awake for American Idiot, fell asleep during Jesus of Surburbia, zero recollection of Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Are We The Waiting, St Jimmy, Give Me Novocaine, She's a Rebel, Extraordinary Girl, Letterbomb, was in that beautiful state of half awake/half asleep for Wake Me Up When September Ends (kinda apt that I regained consciousness then), same state for Homecoming, was pretty much awake for Whatsername.

Wow so I filled out a full nap-cycle with American Idiot. That's such a good way to fall asleep.


Also lastly I want to say, that a couple of bands are so great that it is impossible to judge people who listen to them. Like I can laugh at peeps if they listen to like Pitbull. Or, to give an example of an artist/group that people ACTUALLY listen to, maybe something I'm more famous for scorning - Glee.
And perhaps they do sound great to half the population but it's difficult to claim I'm unjustified in making fun of it - mainly cos Anonymous is generally against Glee.

But I found some bands that you just have to respect, even if you don't listen to their music. You can't go "HAHAHA YOU LISTEN TO THEM?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR EARS?"

Of course there can be more than just these few bands, but I can't think of any more impossibly-greats off the top of my head.

Actually ignore if I said "bands" up there, I included individuals too

These artists are:
-The Beatles
-Jimi Hendrix Experience (mainly just Jimi Hendrix)
-Led Zeppelin
-Elvis Presley
-The Rolling Stones

Quite possibly, it actually backfires and makes your own music taste look worse to laugh at any of them. Legends deserve their respect.
Because while you yourself may think any of those bands are retarded (God be with you), 99% chance your idol in some shape or form was influenced by one of those guys.

TELL ME IF YOU THINK OF MORE SUPER INFLUENCE BANDS THAT I MAY HAVE MISSED.

I did consider Queen, but they don't give off the same holy vibe as those 4 I listed above.
Pink Floyd, Eagles, AC/DC, I all thought about, but I decided against them. What do you think?
Of a more contemporary band, I think old Guns N Roses might've been pretty insanely influential - I wonder how much November Rain, Sweet Child o' Mine and Welcome to the Jungle did for new rock bands out there... Nirvana too. Although not terribly virtuosic, had a simple brutality that just worked.

Anyhoos I totally went off on a tangent but whatever. You still read it all (Y)

0 comments:

Post a Comment