music theory

I've finished Fuck It All 8D. Still a few hiccups in the playing but as long as you know what I mean. I've only spent 4 days on it and sometimes I lag for a millisecond remembering what comes next xP.
For the more astute listener you can hear all the pedal and pickup switches, which further screw with my memory xP. But I got it all down alright =)

Have a listen if you have time, and comment somewhere if you have any comments xP
Fuck It All (Final) by jwhero

And here are some thoughts collected over time about music, some of which may or may not have been said by friends that I have talked to. I can't remember. Anyways, here they are:

Two most rewarding things a human can experience is creation and destruction.

It's less about how it sounds than how it feels.

It's better to play less notes and mean every note than to play more notes and only mean half of them.

There's more to playing than what can be written on sheet music. But not for lack of trying xP.

Recording music is also an art. When I open a track and see that all of the waveforms peak, I wonder why they do. But meh I rarely listen to my music loud enough that the peaks become obvious, so it's all good in the end.

Nobody will ever play the song exactly the same way as someone else. That's what makes listening to covers fun (if they're not total shit)

My signature while in non-lead playing is strumming in semiquavers with emphasis on the 1st, 4th and 7th beats. ie it counts 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2. Brian knows exactly what I mean :L

I've made up a bajillion riffs/ideas but I've only five that made me feel good. Those are the ones I continued into songs. Four of those songs are Porcelain Castle (Delay Song), As The Rain Falls, HAPIHEW, and Fuck It All.
I forgot to show you guys Porcelain Castle (Delay Song), so here's a widget. The shit sound quality is because it was recorded with my phone from yonks back. Note to self to redo this song.
Porcelain Castle (Delay Song) by jwhero

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your porcelain castle song. It's so mellow!

jwhero said...

Thank you muchly =)

I'm glad someone likes the crap I put on SoundCloud xP

Post a Comment