i'm on a plane (ahh ahh) i can't complain!

So anyways! Before we get to the good stuff, here's a haiku I randomly thought of last night. In the shower. Cos you totally had to know that

red petaled flower
though winter wilts your beauty
spring will lend a hand

I don't even know why that was worth posting.


So here's the story of me and the plane. Before that I'd like to mention that my brother brought gardening gloves to the airport. Okay now to the plane flight.

So firstly have you guys heard of deep vein thrombosis? Yeah well I found out that if you lift up the armrest, and you lean over to sleep on someone else, a vein in your butt gets crushed. DW I didn't get DVT (though that crap is scary... sometimes the blood clot runs up to your brain and you get a stroke..). But the thing was when I woke up I was like "Oh awesome I'm awake. Time to try stand up". So I like wiggle my toes. My left toes wiggled fine. My right toes were like "NO ENERGY BRO". So I was like freaking scared and I tried to wiggle them again. Still none. Did they like, not get enough oxygen for too long, so it ran out of ATP or something? So I shift my body weight and kick my leg out a bit.

I nearly screamed. You know that horrible burning rushing feeling you get after you get rid of pins and needles? WELL THIS IS SO MANY TIMES WORSE. AND YOU KNOW HOW USUALLY AFTER LIKE 3 TIMES THE FEELING GOES AWAY? WELL I SAT THERE FOR OVER 5 MINUTES SLOWLY ENCOURAGING THE BLOOD TO FLOW BACK INTO MY LEG, SO THAT IT DOESN'T GO TOO FAST AND BLOW UP MY BLOOD VESSELS OR SOMETHING.

It was quite the experience, and it was so bizarre not being able to control a certain part of my body. Must be what paralysis feels like =/

And all the while I was thinking about how I wasn't quite sure how long I was asleep for, and that my blood could've clotted for all I know (especially since I don't know very much about how blood clots at all). Thankfully I was not losing consciousness over the next 5 minutes, and evidently I'm still alive today 8D.

And as a side note, I found it very hard to fit the cup into the cupholder. It wouldn't stay straight. It was like fitting a roung peg into a square hole.

Ohh wait. Will you look at that. It IS fitting a round peg into a square hole T.T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jeff wang, guess what?
Your haiku was pretty lame.
i thought you should know.

jwhero said...

dear anonymous
if you could give me some tips
that would be lovely

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, you wish.
the best things in life aren't free
fifty dollars pl0x.

Post a Comment