20/100 vision

Taking the Agriculture vs English speeches issue, people (me included) are insanely short-sighted. It was stupid when people laughed at Ag students for morning classes + a ratings test.
It was also retarded when Ag students laughed at other students about the postponement of the English speeches
And now, it's still stupid for other students to laugh at Ag students.

Just because what's screwing the opposite party over isn't happening to you right now, doesn't mean it'll never happen to you.

Firstly, morning classes + a ratings test. Alright, so taking any accelerated course means morning classes. That's just a once a week sacrifice I'll have to make if I want to count 2 HSC units down. A ratings test. Honestly, you want to rub in the fact we have a TEST in JAMES RUSE. A test is nothing humungous, and Ag tests are always easy, and provided you don't hate it and you have a decent studying technique. And if we truly hated Ag we would've dropped it before the ratings test. And the reason Ag scales so horribly is because of the ease of obtaining marks; I mean, an open book test (Gloucester), and another open book test (Beef Market Price Survey) and a prac report (Potato Trial) is already 30% of the HSC school mark. And just looking at those assessments, it's a breeze. Of course the trials will be the hardcore-est, at 60% weighting, but of course that's similar for all subjects.
Anyhows, doing an HSC subject will familiarise us with the way the HSC works, and reduce stupid little mistakes like forgetting to take down your HSC number =D.
And it's not like anything we're doing this is year is something that everyone else magically avoids doing forever... I mean, you're still going to have to take at least 10 units and 4 subjects...

Next, Ag kids laughing at other kids. Also stupid and immature. Though I must say it was a HUGE relief; at that stage, my 2u speech was due the next day, and I hadn't started a visual rep, and only annotated my film and written down main themes and concerns.
I guess it was frustration from being lol'd at by everyone else, as well as some stress relief after the exam. Though that's no real excuse, two wrongs do not make a right. Usually. Unless it's a question with two choices, and you read the question wrong as well as worked out the answer wrong, so you end up choosing the correct answer =D.
Yes I admit I did join in on the rubbing in. But I think I avoided doing it to people who wished me luck, and/or never got obnoxious about not doing Ag. But I'm so sorry if I did it to you anyway D:
Anyways, as I commented in maths: "We wouldn't be rubbing this in your face if you weren't such assholes about Ag =D". Though it was like a circle of Ag kids surrounding like 2 non-Ag kids (who were stressing about English), so it was kinda mob instinct.
Because in the end, we're still going to have to do it. So we have an extra week. That's only good for yourself, so you can have a week that isn't attention-shared between two subjects. It's not like you've avoided the speech for good (which is worthy of celebration), you've just delayed it (which is not worthy of celebration, just gratitude)

Lastly, non-Ag kids lol-ing at Ag kids. Though this IS a minority atm. Yes, this can also be attributed to post-assessment stress relief, so I'll grant you that haha. I'm not really that stressed, because a speech is actually really easy to make if you look up everything before hand, and annotate your poems. I might take a picture of my poem, all annotated, and post it up later. It's scribbled all over, so I'm confident I can churn out the 600 or so words in less than an hour.

Anyway. So see the whole picture. If you're going to end up doing it yourself, it's kinda ridiculous to mock people.

If a kid laughs at another kid for walking into a pole, and then, in his distractedness, walks into a pole himself. Who do we laugh at more? Who is more the victim?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pole

Post a Comment