shaken not stirred

As some of you may know I want to make my next big hobby cocktail-making.

inb4 alco, cocktails are for fanciness and not for drunkness. If you get drunk off cocktails, two things: 1) They are not that strong 2) They are fucking expensive >=O
Did you know the cheapest thing I found was a bottle of white wine for like $3, which amounts to 7 standard drinks? Hopefully I just completed some of your university lives (Y)

Anyway mixing drinks doesn't come cheap. Need equipment and ingredients. Fingers crossed I get a good job in the holidays =O

Shopping List

Equipment Highest To Lowest priority, roughly
[x]Boston-style Cocktail Shaker
[ ]Lots of cocktail glasses
[ ]Lots of Highball glasses
[x]A few Old Fashioned glasses
[ ]Fruit Juicer (the hand squeezy ones for lemon and lime juice)
[x]Jigger (measuring device)
[ ]Zester + lemon/lime twist peeling thing
[x]Bar spoon
[ ]Ice Scoop
[x]Muddler
[ ]Very few shot glasses

Alcohol Highest to Lowest priority, roughly
[x](Absolut/Smirnoff) Vodka $40
[ ]Triple Sec $20
[ ](Bacardi) White Rum ~$37 (gold/dark as well if I feel like it)
[ ](Tanqueray) Gin $40
[ ](Jose Cuervo) Tequila (white, reposado maybe, for some) $40
[ ](Jim Beam) Bourbon $35
[x]Jack Daniels
[ ]Cointreau $45
[ ]Vermouth (Sweet+Dry) ~$13ea
[ ](Angostura) Bitters ~$17
[ ]Grenadine (non-alcoholic) $13
[ ]Blue/Orange Curacao $20
[ ](Kahlua/Tia Maria) Coffee Liqueur ~$30
[ ]Apple Schnapps $20-30
[ ]Peach Schnapps $20-30
[ ]Midori $24
[ ]Amaretto $40
[x]Baileys

It's going to take me forever to obtain all these, it totals to $500 if I get everything :L. Good thing is each bottle lasts for 20+ servings though. And some of the lowest priority ones are only used in one or two drinks anyway.

Fruit Juice
Tomato Juice (if I ever make a Bloody Mary) + Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco sauce
Orange Juice
Coke, Sprite
Lotsa fucking cranberry juice
Grapefruit juice
Ice tea
Make my own syrup (sugar + hot water)
Make my own sweet/sour mix (sugar + lime juice + lemon juice)

Fruit Salad
Maraschino Cherries (can we get them at woolies... any bakers who know?)
Limes
Lemons
Apple
Pineapple

My intended repertoire

[ ]Daiquiri
[ ]Manhattan
[ ]Margarita
[ ]Martini
[ ]Old Fashioned
[ ]Black Russian
[ ]White Russian
[ ]Bloody Mary (ingredients are pretty gay)
[ ]Tom Collins
[ ]Screwdriver
[ ]Tequila Sunrise
[ ]Appletini
[ ]B52
[ ]Cosmopolitan
[x]Cuba Libre
[ ]Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemonade
[ ]Japanese Slipper
[ ]Kamikaze
[ ]Long Island Ice Tea
[ ]Mai Tai
[ ]Mojito
[x]Sea Breeze
[ ]Sex on the Beach
[x]Vodka Cranberry


Set for uni life =D
Tell me if there are any other popular cocktails that I have missed! I refuse to do Pina Colada though, the ingredients are too lame.
Once I'm decent I'll invite peoples over and I can serve you stuff to sip =D. But they can't be free forever because that would be UNSUSTAINABLE so I'll probably ask you people to bring a bottle of something each :L I'll work it out when/if I get to that stage.

4 comments:

Goldiieee said...

try a kempari orange and also toblerone

Crystal said...

LOL PLZ DO FOR MY 18TH

jwhero said...

@marcus
Campari and Frangelico will probably come way later, but eventually I will if I have money.

@zhiwee
If I get good enough, sure! I'll learn some flair too ahaha
Be aware of how much liquor costs though :L. If this works out, talk to me like a fortnight before your party and I'll tell you what liquors you need to buy :P

Anonymous said...

I VOLUNTEER TO BE A TEST SUBJECT

will

Post a Comment