eshays bro

Hello children who read regularly, through thick and thin. I'm here to share a list of essay words I just compiled for myself, grouped into different brackets of synonymonity - feel free to suggest your own!

Explores
Questions
Challenges

Establishes

Emphasises
Underlines
Underscores
Illustrates
Highlights
Exemplifies
Accentuates
Epitomises
Demonstrates
Manifests
Portrays }
Displays } These are rather shitty and weak as discussion words
Shows   }

Represents
Parallels

Reveals
Exposes

Contrasts
Juxtaposes


Remember, kiddies, the marks for sophistication are not in your use of thesaurus'd words, but rather in your effective analysis of the text. It's better to use a simple word that you know the precise usage of, than thesaurus a word that sounds incompetent in the context of your sentence.
See I just thesaurus'd "awkward", and came up with the more impressive sounding "incompetent", and I hope you can agree with me in that "awkward" portrays my point better than "incompetent" does. Never forget that English teachers know more English words than you do, and hence see through thesaurus-bullshittery :P

I was going to post something else but I have forgotten so I'll leave you with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment