nurofen

I was being bored and I realised that saying "nurofen" is pretty much as close as you can get to the anglicised pronunciation of what means "beef pho" in Mandarin :L

UMAT today was really damn efficient and professional. There were 35 groups of around 30 test takers each. So that's pretty much 1,000 people in the hall.

I'm estimating that there were 50 staff - 1 for each of the 35 groups and perhaps another 15 to walk around and patrol.

The processing time was lightning quick. I was waiting in line and I estimate 200-250 people in front of me. I was like "okay yeah I'll be here a while". But I managed to get inside the hall within 12 minutes. That's about 3-5seconds per candidate. What they did that was so efficient was break it up into stages, so the candidate gets "filtered" until they reach their seat. It requires quite a large staff but man I paid almost $300 $210(+$35) for that shit, they can afford it.

So at the main doors they check the admission ticket and the ID, and basically see if it matches. Then you check for your name to see which group (of 30 kids with alphabetically similar last names) you are in. Then you are assigned your seat and you can take it woo. This means that at each stage you spend less than 5 seconds with the staff and it's just a very streamlined process.

Oh also was quite pleasantly surprised to hear that we had slightly different sets of questions - the stimulus passages in section 2 were slightly differing. For example, some people didn't have the passage where Tess gets slapped by her mother. And I didnt get the one about a suicidal kid.

Hence it is meaningless to say "oh section 1 was easy. how did you not find it easy" because the correct wording should be "My section 1 was easy. Maybe I got the lucky questions". Also it would be terribad if questions scaled, because there were ridiculously simple ones in section 3. e.g. one of them was a square with a SINGLE LINE moving 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 clockwise. And the other, was just ROTATING CLOCKWISE ONE AT A TIME.

In short I hope everyone went as well as they expected to go, and basically not get bogged down in other people's impressions of the exam because as we now know, you didn't do the same exam as them. For all we know, none of the exams are the same! What do you really know?!?! What was the meaning of that exam?!?!?! Was it real?!?!?!?!?! Is this actually the Matrix?!?!?!?!?! /shittyconspiracy


Finally I apologise to the people around me for my mutterings and hand movements and pencil rotations =P. 1/1000000000 chance any of them will ever see this, and of that, 1/1000000000000 chance that they'll know who I am and remember me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I waved my pencil around too! But then my supervisor thought I had a question and she looked at me weird when I said that I was just thinking ><
-Bonita

Post a Comment