rehauling contacts

Okay so I went a bit too deep in cloud contact storage, and have information spread across Microsoft, Google and iCloud.

I am going to overhaul my contacts so that all information (the original copy) will be on Google, and I'll have Microsoft Exchange pull information from there. Fingers crossed yo.

Then I will put all phone information again on iCloud. I do this because I don't want people I only have an email for to appear normally on my contact list. I will link my iCloud and Google contact cards.

Calendars will be on Google as well, as well as email. All Microsoft Exchange is allowed to do is pull so that my computer has access to these things through Win8 apps.

Facebook, Skype and Twitter are linked to Exchange and I cbf reversing that unless they really pose a problem. Hiding contacts other than Google contacts will solve any bloating of contact lists.

Please do not be offended if you send an email/text and I don't know who you are - that's just cos I dun goofed and lost your contact information. At the very least, I can always contact you through Facebook if I lost all other forms of contact.


On a related note, I merge MSN and Skype rather unsuccessfully as I don't use my Hotmail address for my Exchange account, and herpa derpa I lose all my messenger contacts. Importing via Vcard/CSV was a major flop and so basically I'm resigned to the fact that I have pretty much lost Messenger.

I posted this as a disclaimer for any future "who's this again sorry"s and also as a reminder to myself as to what I want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment