found on reddit

Found this anecdote on Reddit -

I am a medical professional. I arrived on a scene that had two patients. One was a victim of rape and severe battery. Can't say her age, but she was young. The other was the near-death rapist. The rapist was the victim's father. The mother had caught and subsequently beaten him with a baseball bat.

I let him die en route to the hospital.

*A few edits for clarification:

1. She lived.
2. The mother was not prosecuted, as far as I'm aware. I've never been contacted by her or her family.

3. I am not proud, nor am I gloating. I have never (and will never) do any such thing again. It was the wrong thing to do. I was young, inexperienced, and it was the most violent and grotesque scene I'd witnessed up to that point. I'm human, and I snapped. I sought therapy, and have come to terms with it. It's never happened again, even to those who some might feel deserve it.

Turns out, apart from the emotional trauma of having patients die on you, there's also the weird ass side where you are obliged to do your best to save anyone.

Don't know if courtroom lawyers really get a choice who to represent but that shit is even more likely to make it hard to sleep at night.

By the way I completely condemn the actions of this person and I hope everyone who is doing an interview in the next few months also condemn him/her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment