napier

Long time without a post...
Alright so one day I was separated from the rest of my family in Napier, NZ. To pass the time, I typed this email out on my phone. I copy pasted directly.


OMG so I got left behind today. Ill recount what has happened so far to pass the time.

Okay so in NZ our phones don't work.

I needed a netcafe to access and accept my offer. I needed to do it ASAP cos of deadline on 25th.

I took longer than expected (~45min). So my parents and Andy decided to look for this "Kiwi House" zoo that was on our ship maps, at around the 40min mark.

So I finished up, went to Kiwi House. Couldn't find it, asked a nearby bike hire where it is. They said it hasn't existed for years, and has been replaced. They were really nice and let me borrow a bike for a couple minutes to cycle to the new building and see if my parents were there.

So I went to the new building, which apparently my parents and Andy (henceforth known as "They" or "Them") didnt even enter.

Okay I cycled back, thanked the staff for their kindness, went to visitor centre to see if They used that as a meeting point.

Our communications were shoddy, but I used the city's free wifi (most cities in New Zealand provide free wifi. It's pretty cool). So I sent Andy a Facebook message that I was at the visitor centre. I do this because that's all he does on wifi. He wastes 15 minutes of our ship net at a time on Facebook chat like a douche ahaha.

10 minutes later, Andy still hadn't signed onto Facebook. So I decided to go back to netcafe to see if They'd gone there to meet. First I sent Andy a Facebook message telling Them that I would be going net cafe, in case Andy read Facebook before then.

Well They weren't there and now I'm kinda frustrated as to where They think a meeting point should be.

So I've been at the visitor centre again, since 11:40 (now its noon). Told Andy via Facebook again.

Now I'm on the bus back to the ship. Hopefully They decided that They'd go to ship as rendezvous. Still keeping Andy updated via FB.

If They're not on the ship I will be severely disappointed and would demand an explanation.

I can't even get a drink on the ship after this ordeal T.T. Wait until the last day to reap my duty free stash hehe.

Well at least I finished my uni application.


Resolution: They were not on the ship. They asked around and eventually found out that the Kiwi House was moved to the Aquarium (a piece of information I had not stumbled across despite asking two locals...). So They went to the Aquarium and I was like ಠ_ಠ when I heard, but whatever at least nothing permanently bad happened.

More things to recount: souvenirs/duty free, rosemary dude, UAC times + deadline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment