repeat x99

Apparently I have been jamming/improvising for too long that my mum is no longer used to me learning (ie sitting down and repetitively practising till perfect)

Right now I'm trying to get down Harder Better Faster Stronger and Aerodynamic because it would be awesome to do those.
My mum was like STOP PLAYING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. *looks at computer* THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE ON COMPUTER AND THEN YOU FORGET WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND PLAY THE SAME STUFF OVER AND OVER
Me: But mum, I'm learning a song!
Mum: There's an MSN window I can see it.
Me: *plays Aerodynamic on Wavepad* I'M WORKING IT OUT GO AWAY

For those few guitar people out there who read this and can relate - I think you'll agree right hand is harder than left hand. The first Aerodynamic riff is either massive left hand-stretching, or change positions to play it with string skipping. I chose string skipping because otherwise my hand starts cramping from stretching from fret 7 to 12. For those who have no idea what that means, that's equivalent to stretching 7 white keys (C to B, say), with your index and pinky.
Anyways my point is that string skipping is pretty tricky, and so it takes more than just a few repeats to get it perfect, hence my massive repeating of 2 bars over and over :L
The second (tapping) part is just awesome but you can't avoid the massive stretch (4 to 9 - about 0.5cm longer stretch than 7 to 12), but it's only brief so whatevs.

Just realised that afterwards I could totally mix it and be a baller. Oh ho I have a mission on my hands. Someone buy me a controller/interface!
Or I'll just try and make it awesome via Audacity *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have quite an interesting blog especially the posts on societal issues. I came across a very thought provoking and well written article on feminism and misandry. I think you would enjoy it as well.
http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html

jwhero said...

I read the first paragraph or so and intend to read the rest of this monster post

I am well aware of the effects of confirmation bias, and I'll probably put a post up to

However, in reading this the male bias is too clear, disregarding more fundamental ideas such as respect, or things the writer have no answer for, such as rape.
I may be proved wrong and these are addressed later in the article, but I may take a while and by then you might never seen the reply :L

Post a Comment