discussed

User 1
I had an abusive ex who would always touch me lightly/sensually before hitting me. I can not stand when anyone touches me lightly, or runs their fingers on my skin.

User 2
Fuck, I'm sorry to hear that. Very glad to hear it's an ex. Hope you're in a much better place now.

User 1
Oh, I definitely am. My current girlfriend has been able to lightly touch me a few times without a problem. Much better place!

And with that reply I thought, "that is one of the most interesting ways I have caught myself being sexist..." Found that quote on reddit, btw, if anyone was wondering.

On the topic of this kinda preconception and privilege style of thing - I love tutorials on medical ethics. All they really achieve is people getting mad about abortion rights and right to choice in reproductive technology haha.

Also, in a break, we were discussing how war crimes in the form of human medical experiments are such an ethical dilemma.

I brought up Area 731 and Nazi human experimentation. These included stuff like live dissections and artificial epidemics, etc. (I swear there was one on how women were forcefully impregnated and then had their developing embryos examined at different stages of development, and how different types of trauma affects development of something, but I can't find where that is.)

For example, the hypothermia one done by the Nazis seriously is solid medical knowledge (determining best way to rewarm hypothermia patients). Even the background stuff on normal and traumatised development of people will help a lot with things we actually have no way to actually obtain accurate information about (e.g a bunch of drugs and their effect on foetuses).

Is the death of a relative few justifiable in order to advance science in order to save some unknown but huge number of others? If not, what makes quarantine more acceptable than human experimentation? Keeping in mind that human quarantine infringes on the right to freedom, which is arguably equitable to right to life, depending on your particular world view.

0 comments:

Post a Comment